Entry is Now Closed
You are invited to represent KSSA as part of Kent Team. This year it is being held at the Mount Batten Watersports and Activities Centre Plymouth. The event will have class racing for Topper, Laser Radial, Handicap and Rookie Fleets. In order to join the Kent team to represent KSSA, you will be expected to have competed in one or more KSSA event this year. Competitors new to the event are very much encouraged and the Rookie Fleet is for sailors in their first year of racing.
For those of you who have not attended an NSSA event before then here’s a quick guide to what’s it’s all about:
- NSSA: National Schools Sailing Association – this is their annual regatta which attracts teams of sailors of all abilities from regions across the UK.
- Click here to visit the NSSA Event website.
- To enter as part of the KSSA team you need to be a member of the KSSA AND be a member of the NSSA (membership via their website).
- The KSSA do not select their team, all participating members are invited to be a part of the team. All who sail earn points which count towards the team’s final score.
- KSSA is always well represented by a team of between 20-30 sailors.
- Sailing is fleet based with a Rookie Fleet for sailors in their first year of racing.
- KSSA sailors are supported at the event by two team managers: Brian Mumford and Simon Herrington as well as our Youth Captains: Evie, Abbey and Tom.
- Most families choose to camp at the same location as the other NSSA competitors. Event camping will be available at Albion Oaks Sports Club PL9 0DF, about a 10 mins drive from the sailing centre. However, parents may choose to find their own accommodation if they prefer.
- After sailing there is a programme of evening activities for sailors to socialise.
- The final date for entry as part of the KSSA team is Friday 11 June – Please note that this is before the NSSA deadline.
Kent Team – How to Enter
A requirement of NSSA to attend the Youth Regatta is for each Parent/Guardian or helper to have a current DBS check. To be valid it has to of been issued within three years or registered with the DBS Update Service. To obtain a DBS check please contact Brian Mumford via email. The application is made online through the RYA Portal and currently due to Covid regulations the identity verification can be done via email/WhatsApp/zoom etc. (this can also still be done face to face), there is no charge for the application through KSSA. Please act now if you require a DBS Check to attend this year’s regatta.
To enter as part of the Kent Team please:
Kent Team entry is now closed. Late entry (additional fee from NSSA) may be possible, but please contact the Team Manager first.
- Click here to download and complete the KSSA Team Application form – one form for each sailor, parent, helper etc.
- Transfer the entry fee and camping fee (if required). Please note we cannot accept card payments for this event.
- Make sure you are a current member of KSSA and NSSA.
- All Parents/Helpers will need a DBS check.
- A Parent/Guardian form will need to be completed prior to the event. We will distribute these when they are issued by NSSA.
Please send scanned entry forms and all enquiries to: KentTeam@kssa.co.uk