PLEASE NOTE: Entry to this event is proving very popular and we have now reached the limit for the number of teams that we can accommodate given the capacity of the venue under the current restrictions, available boats and the number of races that would need to be held. We are holding a reserve list in the event that any teams drop out.
At Westbere Lake, Sturry, Nr Canterbury
Arrive by 09:00. There will be a briefing at 09:30
Please be aware:
- Access to Westbere Lake is via the Brett Quarry entrance. The gate will be attended between 8am – 9.15am after this time it will be locked, please ensure you arrive during this time or access cannot be guaranteed.
- Due to Covid restrictions and limited space at Westbere only one Parent/Guardian per sailor will be to attend.
Not Team Raced Before?
- This is the perfect event for you!
- No team racing experience required, full briefing of rules, tactics, scoring and course will be given on the day.
What is team racing?
- A chance to sail as a team with your friends
- 3 or 4 helms from your team will sail in each race
- Everyone sails the same Toppers provided by Kings School SC
- Short races in a league system lasting all day
How to join in?
- Make a team of 3 or 4 who can confidently sail a triangular course to make your team
- Open to ALL sailors – not just Topper sailors
- Costs: Team of 3 helms £30. Team of 4 helms £40 (please pay cash on the day)
- Bring a picnic. There are no catering facilities at Westbere.
- Latest closing date for entries is Sunday 9th May
- If your team wins, you will be invited to sail at the NSSA Single Handed Team Racing event later in the year
To enter your team, or if you have any questions
- Entry for this event is via email to the Team Manager as follows
- Click here to contact the Team Manager
- Put “Topper Team Racing” in the subject
- In the message include the contact name/number for the responsible adult in charge of the team
- Click the email button to send to the Team Manager
For more information about the venue, please visit the Westbere Sailing Opportunities web site.