Premier racing event of the KSSA calendar.
Registration opens at 08:30
Rough Outline for the Day:
- Boats can arrive from 08:00
- Registration open from 08:30
- Chairman’s welcome 09:30
- Competitors briefing 09:45
- First warning signal not before 10:25
- Prize giving as soon as after racing
Arrival Info: Boats can be dropped off at the club from 8am. Access to the Sailing Club for dropping off boats can be found at the end of East Cliff Parade, which is located at the end of Canterbury Road as you join the sea front. There is an RNLI and Coastguard event taking place further down the beach and access for emergency vehicles needs to be maintained so boats and trailers can be left on the sea wall but all vehicles must be parked on the public road. The closest point to the club is Beacon Hill. Directions to the sailing club can be found at: http://www.hernebaysailingclub.co.uk/contact–directions.html
COVID 19 Information:
- Everyone is asked to take advantage of the free Lateral Flow Tests provided by the government in advance of the event and not to attend if they test positive.
- No one with COVID symptoms should attend Herne Bay Sailing Club. Anyone who develops COVID symptoms should not come into contact with anyone else and leave as soon as possible.
- Please make use of the NHS COVID app and the QR codes to check in at the club for track and trace.
- Herne Bay Sailing Club has organised a return to sailing in accordance with government and RYA guidance. The clubhouse is open to visitors although face coverings are not compulsory
- The changing rooms are accessible but try to use them as little as possible. We would ask that everyone observe social distancing and make sure that there are restricted numbers of people in them at any one time to enable that to take place.
- Out on the water sailors will not have any restrictions in accordance with RYA guidance and government guidance on organised sport.
- Please observe the government guidance during the event including regular hand washing, face coverings where necessary and social distancing. There are hand sanitiser stations around the sailing club.
- We will be undertaking normal briefings outside where possible but would ask that everyone observes social distancing when attending the briefing and the presentation.
ENTRY: You must enter and pay for this event online in advance using the WebCollect link below. Entry closes at midnight Wednesday 15th September.
Please note: In the event of cancellation entry fees will be refunded. (Please refer to our refund policy).
KSSA MEMBERSHIP: All sailors need to be a member of KSSA. Please note all 2020 memberships have been extended for 2021 at no additional cost. If you are new to KSSA or a returning former member, you will need to join. This costs just £10 for a family (Parents/Guardians, plus any number of sailors aged 18 or under on 31st August in the current year). It enables you to enter KSSA training and racing events this year. To join, please go to our MEMBERSHIP page and follow the instructions. You can pay online with your event entry.
For more information about the venue, please see the Herne Bay Sailing Club web site.
Pre-enter with WebCollect
We use WebCollect to manage our subscriptions and events online. This is an online system, which enables you to update your details, and pay for your membership and event entry online.